Daily devotions

Thursday

THE SA IS UNDER SCRUTINY - PART 4

I also can’t see the logic in you interviewing people from (THQ) as you have, of course, already met those in charge of the operations/institutions themselves (in the field).

What are the other questions you want answered that you have not already written to us about?

You certainly make a different assessment (demand) of the subjects you want to interview; (so) am I free to choose (determine) how we want to use free speech, or is it only on your terms?

I see a hint of a threat when you write: “So far we do not intend to mention this reluctance on your part in our report, but further delays in responding will lead us to reconsider this”; How am I to interpret this?

2011-03-16 from Salvation Army

I will return here to answer your emails from the 11 / 3 where you return to certain issues. Thank you also for your clarification on certain points.

With reference to contributions (subsidies-support) from governments and other organizations it is obviously not at all controversial for us to share detailed figures. However, it is a very cumbersome process to resource data at the level of detail you request. Neither The Salvation Army or TV4's accounts come under the public information act and for this reason we choose to stand firm and share the data we (have already) decided to share earlier and which is found in our public annual financial statements.

As I said earlier, I reply to all questions received via email and if you can narrow the questions you have about the social service work and the future of The Salvation Army, and how we are to survive as a church and social services provider, you will receive a response. In other words, not only those 'areas (issues) we would like to address'.

With regard to questions of our ethical position, you have already been provided answers in the form of our ethics document, which is now (officially approved by TSA) adopted, and the wording (position) on response to those seeking help and SA soldier's criteria that I have previously sent to you. That's how we see it.

2011-03-31 från Frälsningsarmén
With regard to an interview with leadership, we have carefully considered the matter and have decided to decline your offer.

Feel free to check back via mail if you have further questions and I will answer them via email.

2011-03-31 from Salvation Army

I heard that you sought me and/or others in (SA) leadership yesterday and that you learned that we were not available. As you already know, feel free to ask your questions by e-mail and that's the format by which I will answer your questions. I'm really quite busy with other matters the majority of my working hours, so please use email or voicemail. It is the only (practical) way to reach me.

Someone told me that you asked both the (THQ) receptionist and a visitor who left our worship hall, “what is your view on homosexuality? "

That this very issue was of key focus (issue) by you had not been perceived or understood based on the (actual) questions you posed to me so far. Why have not you told me this? (been more forthcoming?) And what further questions on this subject have I not already answered?

It would also be interesting to know what is the purpose/focus of your (TV) program, that is, have we committed some wrong, something reprehensible or some criminal act?

Typically, Cold Facts take on just such cases.

I believe that, following nearly three months of contact (communication) with me that you ought now to present your probe’s key concern(s), so that we can address it (them). I have been honest with you, but I do not see quite the same level of integrity on your part.

Or, as journalists say, ‘What have you got to hide?’  :)

Kind regards,
Bert Aberg
SA THQ
Stockholm (From fsof.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment