Daily devotions

Tuesday

Headlines week 16

Police Arrest Pastor of Megachurch in China, Says Rights Group
Christian Post - "Police arrested the senior pastor of one of the largest unregistered churches in Beijing on Saturday and have put many congregants under house arrest for trying to hold Sunday service outdoors, said a rights group focused on religious freedom in China."

How Easter Killed My Faith in Atheism
Lee Strobel in the Wall Street Journal - "It was the worst news I could get as an atheist: my agnostic wife had decided to become a Christian. Two words shot through my mind. The first was an expletive; the second was “divorce.”

Choosing or Submitting to Beliefs?
Dr. Keith Drury in Wesleyan Life - "When did I come to believe these doctrines? I did not decide them one by one.  In fact I never “decided” to believe these things—I submitted to them. I submitted when I became a member of The Wesleyan Church and submitted even more so when I was ordained.  I didn’t decide…I submitted"

No comments:

Post a Comment