Daily devotions

Friday

Channel 23

Last week at the daily morning prayers at Regional Headquarters this paraphrase of Psalm 23 was read:

"The TV is my shepherd, my spiritual growth shall want.  It maketh me to sit down and do nothing for the cause of Christ, because it requireth all my spare time.
It keepeth me from doing my duty as a Christian, because it presenteth so many programs that I must see.
It restoreth my knowledge of the things of the world; it keepeth me from studying God’s Word.
It leadeth me into paths of failure to attend the worship services and do good things for the Kingdom of God.
Yea, though I live to be a hundred, I shall keep on viewing my TV as long as it worketh.
For my TV is my close companion, its sound and picture they comfort me.
It presenteth entertainment before me and keepeth me from doing important things with my family.
It filleth my head with ideas which differ from those set forth in the Word of God.
Surely no good will come of my life because my TV offers me no time to do the will of God and I will dwell in spiritual poverty for ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment