Daily devotions

Saturday

From Stefan Swärds´s blog

Today, May 12, 2011 I discussed TV 4’s program on Sunday about the Salvation Army with the (Swedish) Review Board for Radio and Television and the Union of Journalists.

I will now file a complaint accusing TV4 and Cold Facts with the Board of Professional Ethics of Journalists. I want to investigate if Cold Facts used sanctioned journalistic practices. As a journalist one may use a hidden camera, but only as a last resort but there are special rules for this. Is it allowable to use hidden cameras against Christian congregations; I want to get the matter tested in accordance with professional ethics.

I would also consider whether it is permissible to use hidden cameras in fake counseling sessions. It is the professional board in the Journalists' Union that will resolve these issues. It would be devastating for the whole profession, priests and pastors, if this is a permissible method of journalism.

I take it for granted that TV4 will be convicted for this, but it will take time for the ethics committee at the Journalists' Union to examine this issue. (I) Expect a ruling sometime in the autumn.

I hope that the Swedish Christian Council also makes a similar accusation.

(Translation from Swedish: Dr. Sven Ljungholm)

No comments:

Post a Comment