Daily devotions

Monday

Helpers in Prayer

by David Wilkerson | October 4, 1999

Prayer is often one of the most selfish areas of Christians' lives. When you think about it, most of our prayers focus on our own needs. The two main subjects of our intercession are our own spiritual growth and the needs of our families and friends.

Occasionally, we may reach beyond our own narrow concerns and pray for others. Yet usually when we say, "I'll pray for you," we don't do it. Or, we pray for them once and then quickly forget about their need.

Recently I've been examining my own prayer life in light of the scriptures. And I've been convicted about the narrowness and limitations of my own praying. Like most believers, I spend much of my prayer time seeking the Lord about my walk with him. I cry out to him to be made holy, to have dominion over sin, to become Christ-like, to receive guidance for life, to have his anointing on my ministry. And I enjoy sweet communion with him, quietly worshipping him and being refreshed in his presence.

Read more HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment