Daily devotions

Wednesday

The Protest of an Upright Man!

by David Wilkerson | June 1, 1998

 I received a letter from a brother in Christ who probably would claim he is a very upright man. Yet there was bitterness in his words to me:

"Brother Wilkerson, what has happened to you? You used to preach so powerfully against sin. But I believe you've gone soft on sin lately. Your recent message on Jubilee gives people a license to sin. You're offering comfort to compromisers, instead of convicting them!

"Go back to preaching holiness! I don't commit sin, and I have no sin in my life. No person has to commit sin." He went on for several paragraphs about the lack of reproving in my preaching.
Please understand - if there is one thing I greatly fear as a preacher, it is that my sermons might condemn the righteous and comfort the wicked. I tremble as I read these words: "He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the Lord" (Proverbs 17:15).

I believe any true minister of God who preaches a pure gospel will show people their wicked ways. He will point out sin in order to reveal the difference between the holy and the profane. Thankfully, I believe the Lord has helped me to do this.

Read more HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment