Daily devotions

Friday

A CONCERT PIANIST

Nicolaj Vollburg who recently turned 42, has a solid classical music education from the Malmö Academy of Music behind him. He studied at the Academy for five years and was a fellow student with Daniel Viklund, and they are once again classmates.

“Directly following graduation from college, I began freelancing as a concert pianist and conductor”, says Nicolai, and says that “there were many trips within Sweden and beyond. - You have to build a network if you are a freelancer”, says Nicolai, who adds that he is Sweden Director of Crescendo, a network of classically trained Christian musicians.

“Actually, I have lived with a pastor's vocation for many years, a vocation which I suppressed, but now, God spoke in 2008 directly to me and my family. The message was clear that we would move to the Mälardalen region of Sweden. There, I thought about continuing my music career, but God spoke again to us, and I realized that it was in the Salvation Army, that I would serve and that my calling was specifically, to proclaim salvation as an officer.


Nicolai and his wife Helen became soldiers in Västerås Corps and “the decision to enter the officer school felt just right”, says Nicolai. He is passionate about preaching the word and is no stranger to working as an evangelist in the Salvation Army; to travel combining music and preaching, but he adds that, “God will put him where he is most needed.”

(FA Sweden Wbsite: translation Sven Ljungholm)

No comments:

Post a Comment