Daily devotions

Wednesday

Interview with the new general

Interview with General-Elect Commissioner Linda Bond

From the Norwegian TSA website by Lieut-Colonel Laurie Robertson

Please tell us about yourself and your background.

Recently I contributed to a book in the Australia Eastern Territory, and this is how I described my background.
I was born in Nova Scotia, Canada, as the youngest of 13 children. My mother was British, migrating to Canada with her parents when she was 17 years old. My Canadian father was a coal miner. You can't grow up in a large family, having a mother with a keen mind and a fiery spirit and a father as gentle as a lamb and selfless as Jesus, without being influenced. I am my mother's child by nature, and my father's child by desire.
The coal mining town and political environment in which I was raised also affected the way I view life and I thank the Lord for this. The marginalised, the poor and the addicted were part of the community landscape, and my parents were committed to seeing things change for the hurting. This was consistent with what I later learned to be the Lord's mission – and the Army's.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment