Daily devotions

Sunday

Early Sunday morning in Riga

 Another week...
A rather normal week with meetings in the Finance- and Property Board and in the Strategy Board, interviews ant talks..

Things had also happened which I am not too proud of. On our way to a meeting in Skangali I was caught for speeding. It was a 90 km/h-road and suddenly came a short passage with only 70 km/h. I did not notice that and was driving 91 km/h. Since I did not have a crimininal record before I did not have to pay fines, but I got a warning. That was my confession.

But positive things also happened during the week. Among the positive things came a mail from the corps Leader at Gothenburg Eastern Corps. On the corps blog, the corps leader writes:
"Now we have started a new decade with a clear order from the Lord: "Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes" (Is 54:2)"
And from the mail we understand that the Eastern Corps takes these words seriously. Do not hold back was the message in the verse from the Bible, and at the Eastern Corps they are not holding back. They have decided to give ten percent of the tithing in the corps to the Salvation Army in Latvia. That helps us to pay for a social worker among the poorest families in Riga. So to the Gothenburg Eastern corps we want to say: THANK YOU!

Now it is early Sunday morning and we will soon leave for the two hour drive to the outpost in Seda in the northeastern corner of Latvia. We have better start early so I do not have to drive to fast.

Have a blessed week!
Peter Baronowsky

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Peter, we all get caught some times. I got a parking ticket, because my car was parked with the front in the wrong direction.

    We are looking forward today to the coming of Cadet Liene Lazdina for her two weeks of field training.

    Have a blessed day.
    André

    ReplyDelete