Daily devotions

Friday

YOUR MISSION STATEMENT IS WHAT ?

  
From Sven Ljungholm´s blog:
Sharing from the daily blog (one of the most active and eclectic daily blogs by a SA officer- Peter Baronowsky, Reg. Commander, Latvia- Visit the site and click on PAGES IN ENGLISH. See the daily devotions as well, written in English by his Ministry partner, Rut)



Monday morning reflections…
(Posted on www.rupeba.se two years ago, but worth repeating.)

Corporations and organizations typically devote great energy in formulating concrete business concepts; a "Mission Statement", a mission statement to clarify on what they ought to focus. It ought to be as succinct as possible in order to be easily remembered verbatim. It should answer the questions: Who are we? Who are we targeting? How will we accomplish our goal?

At the start of this year you may wish to formulate a Personal Mission Statement. - To make his "calling and election sure" (2 Peter 1:10).  Some questions that help me formulate my mission statement include:

·      Who (what kind of person) do I want to be?
·      What is my mission in life? What do I hope to accomplish with my life?
·      Who do I intend to become?
·      How ought I work toward that goal?

If I have formulated a mission statement for the upcoming year, or indeed for life, it is often easier to make decisions in one’s everyday life. I will, as a consequence, decide in the present what I want to put my time and energy into and concurrently opt out of or give less attention to other things.

Paul typically opens his letters with a type Mission Statement. He writes: "Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God— (Romans 1:1). He knew who he was and his mission. He was able to clearly focus and did not waste time and energy on irrelevant matters.
My Mission Statement is:
“I want to live close to Jesus, learning to know Him better, listen to and heed His words.
I want to live in such a way that it stirs a thirst in the people I meet to recognize, seek and entrust themselves to Jesus and become His disciples.”

That was Paul's mission and one I’ve used in formulating my own ‘Mission Statement’. And yours? 

PS
If you meet me and don’t believe I live by my ‘mission statement’, please remind me who I claim I want to be.

SA RHQ Latvia

No comments:

Post a Comment