Daily devotions

Sunday

Early Sunday morning in Riga - January 2

Another week has passed and that week brought us into a new year.

Thirteen new members in Bauska
The first of January, Ruth and I drove the 70 km down to the corps in Bauska to participate in a Soldiers enrolment and welcoming of new adherents.Three soldiers and ten adherents (see pictuer above).
A snowstorm followed us all the way to Bauska and only the main roads were cleaned from snow. One of the new soldiers had to walk 8 km in deep snow to be able to come to her own soldiers enrolment.

Here you can see the three soldiers....

...and here are the ten adherents...
...and here you can see many other pictures from the meeting.

Regional Youth gathering
Earlier during the week there was a youth gathering at Riga 1 during two days. I can not tell you very much about the event since I have not reached the qualifying age to participate, but here are som pictures from the event, and here you can see many more pictures.
Some statistics
In december I included a new visitor counter at our web-site, Flagcounter. It shows that during the month of December we have had 8.856 visits by 3.048 unique visitors from 46 different countries.

I wish all of you a blessed and happy new year!
Peter Baronowsky

1 comment:

  1. Dear Peter, I have been so thrilled to discover this blog and have been reading it and looking at the pictures for the past few weeks. Today I was delighted to see the pictures from Bauska. I admire Ruth so very much and have often wondered how she is and what she is doing. When I spent time in Latvia I learned her story and admired her very much. It's a real joy to see she is still serving the Lord and continuing her work in Bauska. Also to see the young people growing up and working for the Lord. I haven't been in Latvia since 2003 but my heart is still there. I learned to appreciate the people of Latvia and to love them dearly.
    There is never a day that I don't think of some of the people and I'm always in prayer for them. I have been praying for you and your wife since I first learned of your appointment there and I continue to lift you up before our Fathers throne.
    It's a real joy to see the faces of many people that I don't know as well as so many that I call friends. That is indicitive of growth and I have prayed for the Salvation of the Latvian People and that soon everyone there will have learned about Jesus.
    Thank you for taking the time to write about the work in Latvia. I really do appreciate this.
    God's richest blessing on you and your wife as you serve the Lord in that beautiful country.
    Wilma L. Paterson
    Windsor, Ont. Canada

    ReplyDelete