Daily devotions

Tuesday

The sound of his voice

David Wilkerson, March 2002

Jesus lived his life on earth wholly dependent on the heavenly Father. Our Savior did nothing and said nothing until he first consulted with his Father in glory. And he performed no miracles except those the Father instructed him to do. He declared, "As my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. And...the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him" (John 8:28-29).

Christ makes it very clear: he was led daily by his Father. And his practice of total dependence, always listening to his Father's voice, was part of his daily walk. We see this in a scene from the Gospel of John. One sabbath day, Jesus was walking near the pool of Bethesda when he saw a crippled man lying on a mat. Christ turned to the man and commanded him to pick up his bed and walk. Immediately, the man was made whole. He walked away healed.

The Jewish leaders were enraged by this. In their minds, Jesus had broken the sabbath by healing the man. But Christ answered, "I only did what my Father told me to do." He explained, "My Father worketh hitherto, and I work...The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth" (John 5:17-20).

Read more HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment