Daily devotions

Thursday

It´s Thursday - reflections om Genesis (50)



'Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Tell your brothers, 'Do this: Load your animals and return to the land of Canaan, and bring your father and your families back to me. I will give you the best of Egypt and you can enjoy the fat of the land.' Genesis 45:18. 

When Joseph took his brothers aside privately to tell them who he really was, we read in 45:2 that he broke down and wept as he spoke to them and the noise of his weeping was so loud that everyone in the house heard it. You can imagine the conversations among the servants following that; real Downton Abbey stuff! News soon got back to Pharaoh's household. Fortunately, both Pharaoh and his officials were pleased for Joseph. Joseph had saved both Egypt and Pharaoh. He was so grateful to Joseph, for his and his nation's salvation, that all he wanted was to please him in return for what he had done, (and was still doing). The evidence of his enormous gratitude can be seen in the verse quoted above. 

That is how it is when a man or woman is truly saved. Such is the sense of indebtedness and gratitude we have to God for what he has done and continues to do for us, that all we ever want to do for the rest of our days, is please him in return.

And now, hallelujah! The rest of my days
Shall gladly be spent in promoting his praise
                                                      SASB 298
Perverse, stubborn once was my will,
My feet ran in self-chosen ways;
Thy pleasure henceforth to fulfil,
I'll spend all the rest of my days.  SASB 422

All my days and all my hours,
All my will and all my powers,
All the passion of my soul,
Not a fragment but the whole
Shall be thine, dear Lord.
Shall be thine, dear Lord. SASB Chor 32
God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment