Daily devotions

Sunday

Early Sunday morning in Borås, May 27

While updating our webpage I understand that I am in trouble using internet so much. One of the headlines in the biggest Swedish newspaper tells me that using e-mails can cause heart problems. Yesterday I travelled with the airline "Norwegian" which is the first European airline that provides free internet on board. And of course I checked my e-mail in the air. Before that I checked my e-mail while waiting to board the flight. Riga international airport provides free internet access. So according to the article I leve a high risk life. If one morning you find that this page is not up-dated, then you now why...

During this week we have had a full day visiting Skangal together with our Advisory Board. One of the board members is the Swedish Embassador. He brought his mother who happened to visit Riga that week. The embassador´s mother told us that she was partly brought up in the Salvation Army in the village of Orsa. Her mother was active in the corps and all children in the village went to the Salvation Army in the time between the two world wars. On top of that she told us that she had two aunts who were Salvation Army Officers. 
The manager of Skangal, Modris Jankovskis, informs about the work at Skangal: the Orphanage, the Crisis Center for women and the Conference Center.

During the week we have also had a Corps Review at the "Children´s House" in Sarkani together with the Officers leaving Sarkani, and the two cadets who will take over the responsibility as leaders in Sarkani, after their Commissioning in June.
Coming out from the Corps Review in Sarkani....
 .....and here are some children testing the new trampoline at Sarkani.

Just now we are making a short visit in Borås in the soutwestern part of Sweden. Our oldest grandson is having his Church Confirmation Celebration today. Some people have asked us "Do you have grandchildren that old?" - Yes we have and I start to understand that we are not so young ourselves any longer.

Tomorrow we return to Riga and a new working week.

I pray that it will be a blessed week for you.
Peter Baronowsky

2 comments:

  1. Constantly keeping you in prayer. I'm so thrilled at the pictures and reports that show such growth in Latvia. I've been praying about the Congress as there is so much work in preparation. I am praying that the Holy Spirit will just fill the place and peoples hearts will be changed and filled.
    Wilma Paterson, Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wilma. Knowing that you are praying for TSA in Latvia means a lot to us.
      Blrssings, Peter

      Delete