Daily devotions

Thursday

Week 17

Headlines Week 17
Youth Ministries Teaching Behavior Modification, Not Gospel?
Church & Ministries - "Ministry leaders are seeing a major problem among youth groups – an emphasis on behavior modification over the Gospel.
In a series featured on The Gospel Coalition website, several ministers discussed their concerns with how youths were being taught in the church, namely with messages aimed more at keeping them out of trouble.
"Many youth pastors preach moralism over the gospel in order to protect students from self-destruction,
"

Chuck Colson Taught Me How to Think
Trevin Wax in the Gospel Coalition - "I never met the man. Never heard him speak in person. Never interviewed him on my blog or asked all the questions I had for him.
Nevertheless, his work had a profound influence on my life, especially in shaping my thinking during my teenage and college years. How Now Shall We Live?, the book he wrote with Nancy Pearcey, was a paradigm-shifting book for me. It illuminated Christianity in light of competing worldviews and helped me understand the world I live in
."

How to experience God's presence
Wesleyan Life - "Many people believe in God but have difficulty feeling close to him on a daily basis. They don't doubt God's existence. It's his presence that seems to elude them.
Frankly, that was often my experience, especially as a younger Christian. I wondered why some people seemed to have such a tight relationship with God while he felt a bit distant to me. I never felt that God was "talking" to me, and I more or less played along when others talked about their daily conversations with God
."

No comments:

Post a Comment