Daily devotions

Thursday

New leader for the Salvation Army in Sweden/Latvia

The General has appointed Lt Colonel Marie Willermark to be the Territorial Commander for Sweden/Latvia from the 1st of February 2011.

From TSA International Web-page:
Lt Colonel Willermark was commissioned as an officer in 1980 and has spent many years in divisional and national youth work. She served for three years in Denmark as a divisional commander (1996-1999), then for five years as a corps officer in Jönköping, before coming to Stockholm, Sweden, again as a divisional commander.

”The local corps work is really the heart of the Salvation Army and I try to find a suitable way of service there whatever my appointment is,” Lt Colonel Willermark said. ”During the last year of my appointment in Stockholm, I led a cell group in my local corps.”

Major Willermark is thankful for her appointment in Ukraine and feels blessed to be serving Christ and building his Kingdom in fellowship with the officers and soldiers in Ukraine. “The officers and soldiers here have an unique awareness of the local culture, needs, and how to relate to people in the language of both words and service”, she said.

“I also feel privileged to be able to contribute with my experience. I would like to encourage and equip leaders to have a passion for winning souls and be comfortable with the structure of the Salvation Army.

“Ukraine is a very interesting country. I find that it has several historical links with Sweden – the same national colours of blue and yellow, and Vikings from Scandinavia went up the Dnjepr in the 9th century, and perhaps a few Swedes were left behind when king Charles XII lost in the famous battle of Poltava in 1709.”

No comments:

Post a Comment